If you take care of your hair, you will find that hair can be very strong. But once you neglect it, damaged hair can be difficult to treat. If you are looking for a natural treatment for damaged hair, take a cup of honey, half cup of olive or sesame seed oil and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Mix them well and keep it overnight in a glass jug. Next day, massage a little of this mixture to your hair before shampooing. Do your best to keep the concoction on your head for 60 minutes before washing them off.
Honey has been known to have many curative properties. Of course, using it on your hair as a natural hair treatment might seem a little strange, but you must remember, all chemicals are derived from plants or animals in many instances. These natural hair treatment are safer, both for you and for the environment.
Common food items found in your pantry or refrigerator can have healing and rejuvenating properties for your skin. For example:
1) Honey is a natural moisturizer and defoliant and is found in many homemade skin care. Honey has been used throughout ancient times for beautiful skin, especially by the Greeks.Dairy products, especially milk and yogurt have enzymes that naturally exfoliate dead skin cells. Milk has been used for centuries for beauty skin. In fact, Cleopatra’s favorite secret beauty tip was to soak in a milk bath to keep her skin soft.
2) Vinegar has anti-itch/burn properties
3) Olive oil is a natural moisturizer and skin softener
4) Egg whites make an excellent mask and pore reducer
5) Lemon juice cleans pores and reduces excess skin oil and is good for acne prone skin
For more wonders on common food items like honey, garlic and vinegar, read Ray Collins’ The Honey Garlic and Vinegar Miracle.