Milk is not just to drink. Milk is a convenient and relatively low cost homemade eczema treatment to treat the rash and dried scaly skin. It will offer some much desired relief to your troubled skin.
Soak gauze pad or cotton pad with a little cold or even iced milk and apply the affected area. You can leave the gauze pad or cotton pad on the affected for 1-3 minutes or however long you feel comfortable. You can continue the process for 10 minutes or so.
Though this method may not stop the itch, nourishing your skin with milk makes it soft and smooth, which will reduce the drying of the skin.
Homemade remedies help to relieve pain and itch but they are temporarily relief. To prolong a blissful eczema-free period, you have to observe dermatologist’s advice of staying away from alcoholic based and fragrance based toiletries, keep a balanced and healthy diet with lots of greens (raw greens where possible … sprouts are recommended and there’s reasons to that) and exercise to minimize stress. Alternatively, check out folks who have similar experience.
Additional Reading on Experts’ Views on Eczema
- Eczema Free Forever by Rachel Anderson
- Beat Eczema Now by Susan Clark
- Cure Child Eczema by Audrey Lyn
Additional Reading on “Homemade Eczema Treatment” by Vivienne Quek
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (10) Milk
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (9) Almond Oil with Vitamin E
- Homemade Eczema with Oolong Tea
- Homemade Eczema Treatment 8: Cure Eczema Eyes with Aloe Vera
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (7): Butter
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (6): Mango Peels
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (5) – Wheatgrass
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (4) – Watermelon & Coconut Oil
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (3) – Crisco
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (2) – Ice Therapy
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (1) – Oatmeal