As I have said in my earlier posts, prescriptive medication and ailment from dermatologists were not just my armors against eczema. I had tried alternatives like sprouts, essential oils, etc. Today I learned from Charlene J. Nuble; that
The most common homemade eczema treatment will often involve oatmeal. Oatmeal grains, if added to moisturizing soap or creams, can keep skin moisturized and protected. Just be sure to avoid rubbing the oatmeal over the surface of your skin, as this can abrade your skin and add to the itching.
Another soothing way to maximize oatmeal is to soak in an oatmeal bath. Oatmeal is excellent for calming inflamed skin. You can simply buy porridge oats from the grocery store (such as Quaker Oats) and add them to a lukewarm bath. A cup or two should be fine. The itchier you are the more water and oats you should add.
Other than oatmeal bath, you can mix in different oils in your bath such as tea tree oil (which is also good for treating dandruff), linseed oil, evening primrose oil, and cod liver oil. Herbs such as licorice and clematis are also good additions to your bath. If you have fresh nutmeg, you can grind it up into a paste and apply it to your skin in order to add and keep in moisture.
Many people said their eczema skin will respond well with a certain treatment for a while and then the rashes return. This is why many eczema sufferers have more than one trick to deploy to curb the spread and minimize the excruciating itch. You may also want to read fellow eczema sufferers’ take on their healing journeys, for eg,: Eczema Free Forever by Rachel Anderson.
Additional Reading on Experts’ Views on Eczema
- Eczema Free Forever by Rachel Anderson
- Beat Eczema Now by Susan Clark
- Cure Child Eczema by Audrey Lynn
Additional Reading on “Homemade Eczema Treatment” by Vivienne Quek
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (10) Milk
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (9) Almond Oil with Vitamin E
- Homemade Eczema with Oolong Tea
- Homemade Eczema Treatment 8: Cure Eczema Eyes with Aloe Vera
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (7): Butter
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (6): Mango Peels
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (5) – Wheatgrass
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (4) – Watermelon & Coconut Oil
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (3) – Crisco
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (2) – Ice Therapy
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (1) – Oatmeal
[tags]homemade cure for eczema[/tags]