It’s the finicky elusive well-sought-after & the highly-priced Flaxseed SPROUT.
(I am sorry, the much celebrated flaxseed OIL or flaxseed POWDER don’t cut it.)
Want to know why?
1. Eczema is an allergic reaction & the omega 3 essential fatty acids (EFA) in flaxseed SPROUTS help by tuning up the immune response, ‘scavenge’ some of the allergens from the blood, brings suppleness and a youthful appearance to the skin & grow healthy cell membranes.
2. Though we do get enough EFA from our regular diet from all the unsaturated oils that we consume. BUT they are all PREDOMINANTLY of Omega 6 type. Now that is a grave imbalance because we need much more of our EFA to be of Omega 3 type. The current omega 6 to omega 3 ratio in our diet ranges from 10:1 to 20:1 or worse. Ideally it should be between 1:1 to 4:1. Now isn’t that a big gap?
And to make things worse, the excess omega 6 competes with whatever little omega 3 we do have in our diet. So even lesser of the omega 3 EFA that we eat actually gets through our guts.
3. That isn’t the end of the story – almost all of this unsaturated oils (with all the omega 3 or 6) are consumed AFTER cooking. Now cooking is an oxidative process which oxidizes most if not all of the (weaker) carbon double bonds which make the oil unsaturated. In other words what we are left with after cooking is not actually oil but some other chemical (oxidized oil) which our body has no use for. It produces cholesterol plaque & other problems… but that’s a different story.
4. Flaxseed is one of the richest natural sources of omega 3 EFAs – better than even fish/ cod liver oil which is usually concentrated with heavy metal poisons. As a matter of fact he FDA recommends limiting consumption of certain fishes (ex. tuna, swordfish etc) due to high levels of toxic contaminants such as mercury, dioxin, PCBs and chlordane.
5. It is totally vegetarian – which means it’s holistically healthier (Well, if you are still harbouring any doubts about that then do sign up for my mailing list; I’ll settle that for you in due course – once and for all).
But then what’s wrong with flax-seed powder?
Simply because it has lots of enzyme-inhibitors (just like any other raw seed) which heavily interfere with it’s digestion once ingested.
Well, what about flax-seed oil then?
Again, None of the oils are easy to digest because the extreme heat used while extracting them denatures the fatty acids & destroys some of the nutrients needed to digest them properly. It also converts some of the oil components into free radicals. And cold pressed flax-seed oil will have their anti-enzymes intact – which will not let your enzymes digest the oil properly. If it is not even organic certified then it has pesticides, hexane (or an alternative petroleum based solvent) & possibly other additives. This has been proven in nutritive research.
All oils are best assimilated in their native state ie as part of their native source food. This makes available whatever other nutrients (cofactors, vitamins, minerals etc) we need to metabolize them inside our cells. This whole family of accessory nutrients are present in the right ratio in the ‘living foods’ alongwith the oil. (raw unsprouted seeds are not fully alive – they are hibernating. A sprout is vigorously alive).
Does that leave us with just one option?
Unless you can get hold of Chia seeds to sprout. It’s best to SPROUT them (flaxseeds or Chia) regularly for a certain specific duration (as prescribed) so that the enzyme-inhibitors are gotten rid of. And then eat them raw – sprinkled over salad or something like that. By that time the growing sprout will be be all-rich with the exact other nutrients & enzymes NEEDED to completely process & assimilate the OMEGA 3 EFA in them.
And btw, they are fully ORGANIC (as long as you grow them following my process) & most economical & effective as compared to all other alternatives.
Hey, but did I tell you that flaxseeds (& Chia) are some of the most difficult sprouts to grow? Well, given the upside potential if you succeed with it, I am sure you will still give it a fair try or alternatively let me get you up to speed in no time; Guaranteed!
Now, before you go – please eat them ONLY IN MODERATION because just like many other common foods – they may harm you if taken in excess (I have mentioned the exact daily quantity in my package).
Wait! Wait!! One last thing. There are a few other good (natural, vegetarian, organic, cheap, actually digestible) sources of Omega 3 EFA as well – more about them in my package.
I generally don’t recommend any supplements if you can lay your hands on the natural foods with a li’l more extra effort. The benefits comparatively far outshine the initial ‘trouble’. You gotta try it to know.