I’m a Chinese and I drink Chinese tea, yet, I didn’t know that oolong tea helps people with eczema ! This tells me that continuous learning is really important.
While I was at a seminar recently, a fellow attendee from Japan advised me to drink lots of oolong tea when eczema hits me. Touch wood, that did not happen. However, a friend had a pretty bad break-out and is willing to try anything. Of the 9 tips I shared, she chose oolong tea. She prepared a flask of oolong tea and brought it to work. She drank lots of water and oolong tea for that day. The next day, I got her text message.
To my amazement, she said the oolong tea worked like magic. Within 24 hours of consuming oolong tea, her itch and inflammation lessened.
Almost a week later, I got another text message. She reported that her angry lesions disappeared within 6 -7 days. What was simply remarkable was there were hardly any scars.
Why does oolong tea work so well? I couldn’t find any concrete studies on the subject but I suspected it could be the antioxidant, polyphenols, that are present in oolong tea. They have anti-allergic properties and calm the overactive immune response.
Let me know if you have used oolong tea to treat eczema.
Additional Reading on Experts’ Views on Eczema
- Eczema Free Forever by Rachel Anderson
- Beat Eczema Now by Susan Clark
- Cure Child Eczema by Audrey Lynn
Additional Reading on “Homemade Eczema Treatment” by Vivienne Quek
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (10) Milk
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (9) Almond Oil with Vitamin E
- Homemade Eczema with Oolong Tea
- Homemade Eczema Treatment 8: Cure Eczema Eyes with Aloe Vera
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (7): Butter
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (6): Mango Peels
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (5) – Wheatgrass
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (4) – Watermelon & Coconut Oil
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (3) – Crisco
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (2) – Ice Therapy
- Homemade Eczema Treatment (1) – Oatmeal